Good navigation is the good way to keep your visitors coming back or staying very long on their first visit. You must provide a way for your visitors to find out what you've got. It's no use if no one can see it.
You want to make it difficult for your blog to succeed? Then make your navigational system difficult to understand and use. Bury your hyperlinks in a complex image map that's not obvious to the user. That's a great way to stop people from looking around your blog.
Some other things you can do to prevent users from enjoying your site:
* Put your menus only at the bottom of every page
* Scatter your links all over the page haphazardly
* Make the hyperlinks the same color as the rest of the text
* Make the menu actually move around the screen
* Make the text very, very small or in a strange font
Another huge mistake that many webmasters forgot to linking every page back to their home page. It's important to remember that search engines typically spider your entire site. This means that visitors can land literally anywhere in your site. If you are smart you will accept this fact and place a link back to the home page. And remember, this is a good way to increase your home page pagerank.